Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Saga Begins

My memories of May Day celebrations are hazy. It's not what I (or any normal person) would consider a faithfully observed holiday in America. But my intentions didn't start with May Day.

It started with swim lessons. This is usually a "Bekah task." Bekah is the one who takes the kids to the doctor, to appointments, to activities. Unless it is a family excursion, I usually (unless working) stay home. Instead I made the trek to the Krock Center with Cristian and gave Bekah little more time to sleep.

After Christian's swimming lesson, the two of us boys went to Hastings to hang out. I though they'd be observing Free Comic Book Day (since they were advertising it) but there was not a comic book to be found. Scratch that occasion of my list.

Back to my original plan: May Day.

The last I remember celebrating (or hearing of anyone else celebrating) May Day was back in the 80s during my elementary school days. 20 some odd years later, those memories are not the sharpest in my recollections. As vague as those fuzzy memories may be, I do recall three prominent details: flowery art projects, leaving flowers on neighbor's doorsteps, and something involving ribbons and flagpoles.

Now I'm not one to dance with ribbons, and I don't have a flagpole in my yard, so that narrows my options down to two choices.

I delegated the art project to Christian.
And Zu went with me to get flowers. Two bouquets - one for Bekah, and one for my neighbor's door.
Side note: The weather spoiled my original plan: to take the kids out for a walk and pick flowers. Sadly, I had to succumb to retail. On the upside, I am contributing to the economy.

1 comment:

  1. When your treatment is finished, attempt to leave the TV off, at any rate for a couple of hours. Some portion of the objective of needle therapy is to assist you with discovering offset with your brain and body. The TV can mislead that balance, with its splendid glimmering hues and boisterous clamors. Rather, read a book or play a game with your relatives. satta king
    play bazaar

    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete