Friday, May 7, 2010

Mr. Mom

It's Fripay! (Friday + Payday - any sense of shame) This is usually one of the happier days for office morale.

And I was not in the office to enjoy it.

I stayed home.

Bekah had a work function to attend, so it was my turn to play stay-at-home dad. Today was a day for just me and the kids. This is not the first day I've spent home with the kids, and it won't be the last, but every occasion makes me appreciate my wife.

Here are a few reasons:

* We have too many clothes. The laundry beast has escaped the darkest chambers of hades and invaded out living room. I feel small when attempting to slay that dragon.
* The kids are bottomless pits, but they eat at varied speeds. While they will all want second helpings, they'll ask for round two at staggered intervals.
* Why do parents ask kids to clean their rooms? The moment each toy has been safely returned to its proper home, the kids turn into a savage toy-tossing force like a tornado in a trailer park. Their playroom was picked up three times today (and could have used a fourth cleaning).
* Christian is in his learning how to tell the truth phase, or as I call it - he lies a lot. This is frustrating but manageable in small doses, like the few hours between work and bedtime. But for a full day? It's a wonder more parents don't check themselves into mental health facilities when the kids finally leave the nests.

But it wasn't all bad. The younger kids had a wonderful nap time and Christian helped me clean the living room and kitchen. Days like today me me happy to have an office away from the house, and grateful for an amazing wife.

On a side note, Christian like to incorporate whichever adult is in the house into his art projects. Today, he colored a portrait of his daddy.
Upon completion, Christian ran up to me, grinning like a proud monkey. "Daddy," he said, "look, I drew a picture of you. And you have a BIG belly."

And this is why I go work out.

p.s. The laundry monster still has not been conquered.

1 comment:

  1. On the off chance that you frequently feel languid and like you're coming up short on gas well before the finish of your day, consider what needle therapy might have the option to accomplish for you. A great many people are under the feeling that it's only for torment, yet that isn't every bit of relevant information! Needle therapy can help restore you and give you more vitality to manage your day.
    play bazaar
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete