Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May the Fourth Be With You

I got my inner geek on today. Well, my inner half-geek at least. See, I appreciate and enjoy the Star Wars movies, but I'm not an obsessed fan. I'm not brave enough to walk around public dressed like Obi Wan Kenobi, but I might toss a few movie quotes into conversation.

And today happens to be International Star Wars Day. While I'm not down with public humiliation, I can't resist a few shameless pop-culture references. So, if you've been following my facebook updates today, you probably notices a theme. It started early this morning. And by "early" I mean before I went to bed. The updates are as follows.

* It's after midnight, do you know what your ewok is doing? I hope it's sleeping; unrested ewoks are cranky in the morning.
* I think Yoda knew something we all didn't. When he said, “Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep... Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall,” I think he was warning us about about Stephanie Meyer's writing; it would be so atrocious that a mere reading of Twilight could be fatal. If only we had listened.
* Ugh, I hurt from last night's workout. The downside, I'm walking around with C-3PO's awkward gait. The plus side, I don't have his shiny golden complexion.
* There's a girl at my office (and I'm not making this up) who looks like a jawa but talks like Jar Jar Binks.
* I'm pretty sure that when Luke found out Vader was his dad, his first thought was "him chopping my hand off makes so much more sense."
* I think I need a haircut. I'm starting to look like a scruffy looking nerf herder.

I've discovered something today. It is impossible to be grouchy when pondering how storm troopers spend their free time. But do you want to know what I enjoy more than talking about Star Wars? Watching other people talk about Star Wars.



And I'm not kidding about walking around like C-3PO. I think I strained something while working out last night.

So I'll let you depart with the shortest synopsis you'll ever see of the original trilogy. Hopefully this will bring a smile to your face.



And if you're a fan of Star Wars, and you like hip-hop, check THIS out.

2 comments:

  1. Oops, my blog's formatting trims the far right. If you want to see the full videos, click on them to open them up in youtube.

    My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar
    play bazaar Regardless of whether you are a doubter with regards to needle therapy, put forth a valiant effort to keep a receptive outlook. Logical examinations are continuous with respect to the adequacy of such medications, and there is new data being found constantly. Stay up with the latest on flow explore, talk about your discoveries with your primary care physician and consider needle therapy medications for your wellbeing conditions. This very well might assist you in finding the help you have been searching for.

    ReplyDelete