Saturday, May 8, 2010

Walking barefoot

Maybe I'm the only one that does this, but when I read the Bible, I want to add words or phrases that aren't there. For example, when the book of Isaiah says "How Beautiful are the Feet of those who bring good news," I want to make it read "How Beautiful are the Feet of those who bring good news... as long as they are wearing shoes."

I hate feet. I think they're ugly. Yes, they do serve a purpose. Feet hold us up, propels us to jump or dance, and provide the most ancient form of transportation. I'm good with their reason for existence as long as I don't have to see them. Flip-flops annoy me. Toe socks disgust me. Good news, bad news, I don't care what kind of news you have. Just please, for the love of all that is good and holy, wear shoes.

Or at least socks.*

But today was no-socks day. A day to forget the fabric that covers our soles. A day to defy all that separates our feet from the insides of our shoes. I've managed to survive the past 24 hours without socks. Including a trip to the gas station, Christians swimming lessons at the Krock, and a voyage to Zips to fetch Bekah's dinner. And I've done my best to keep my kids' feet collectively sock free.

Did my wife participate? No... I didn't even offer her a chance. If I had, Bekah would have given me a funny look that says 'You're the strangest individual to ever grace this planet, but I love you anyways.'


* Although, I still find the trend to wear socks with Birkenstocks to be completely daft.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, she's the one that told you you need to celebrate more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually... she only wants me to be more celebratory on birthdays and the traditional holidays. Doing it daily was my idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar
    satta king
    play bazaar
    On the off chance that you frequently feel languid and like you're coming up short on gas well before the finish of your day, consider what needle therapy might have the option to accomplish for you. A great many people are under the feeling that it's only for torment, yet that isn't every bit of relevant information! Needle therapy can help restore you and give you more vitality to manage your day.

    ReplyDelete