Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rise Up

In the liturgical calendar, the Easter season continues past Easter Sunday for another 40 days. The 40th day (a Thursday) is Ascension Day, commemorating the Biblical account that Jesus ascended into Heaven 40 days after being raised from the dead.

The holiday is supposed to be a feast, but after Eat What You Want Day, I'm more in the mood to fast rather than feast. The day is filled with rich historical tradition, but my kids are too your to appreciate those rituals.

So instead, we played. after an hour at the park, my daughter refused to get off the swing. I've never seen her so happy. That is the longest she's ever sat content in one place. We have to get a swing set for our back yard.


Personally, I used the day for some reflection. The Biblical passage of Jesus' ascension also contained his final promise to his followers: "I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I believe those words, but how well am I living as if that promise is still true? How do I rise up to show that Jesus is with me, always, to the end of the age?

1 comment:

  1. Wear agreeable, customizable apparel to your needle therapy arrangement. This will likewise make things extremely simple for your acupuncturist. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete