Saturday, July 17, 2010

A few things

I've made a few observations over the past couple of weeks that may shed some light over the absence of daily posts here.

1. Do you know what is more difficult than celebrating something every day? Writing about it. The written word is missing in action, but that's not to say there hasn't been action. Work-a-holics day, picnic day, Christian is off to his first camping trip, and I'm looking forward to a date night with my lovely wife tonight.

2. There may be a culprit to the case of why I'm not writing. I've been suffering from a severe lack of motivation. Every time I sit down at my computer, the last thing I want to do is write. This may be a result of writing reports all day at work or my ADD tenancies, but if I was a betting man, I would put my money on the latter.

3. My mind wants to like summer, but my body does not agree. There is a war going on: my id versus bone and marrow. My will longs for a day on the beach and fishing trips, but my skin craves air conditioning. However, there is one holiday that both my spirit and my flesh can agree on - National Ice Cream Day. (third Sunday in July - that's tomorrow!)


Furthermore, it is a challenge to observe Work-a-holics day on the day after a federal holiday - especially if that federal holiday falls on a Sunday and the rest of the civilized world assumes your office is closed the following Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you have caught wind of it and would simply like more data about its numerous advantages. Continue perusing to discover exactly how needle therapy can help transform you.
    play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete